Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Happenins'

Well. We had state fiddle camp for the first two weeks in June and then we brought home one heck of  a nasty bug from camp. Had all of us down for 2 weeks! First I was up with the little one at nights to make sure she could breath and help keep her upright so she didn't cough so much and then it was my turn. yay. This was a cough til you retch sort of thing. All night, every night. Oldest child had it as well, but she's old enough to handle things herself, and happy to tell me so. :) While the kids had a ton of fun at camp, I'm not sure it was worth it.

We are back in the land of the living, finally, and I (of course) have many, many projects awaiting my attention. I've got my hoosier cabinet tore apart for a fix and repaint and a cafeteria style mineral feeder to build to list a couple items at the top of the list.

Meanwhile, we've had some thunderstorms with a bit of wind.


And one of the cats brought us an interesting present.
It's a milk snake. I knew we had some theoretically in the area, but hadn't seen one as yet. Too bad the first one is a dead one. Now we've seen bullsnakes (hognose and regular), rattlesnakes, racer snakes and 2 types of garter snake on our place. Quite a variety!

I still haven't gotten any pics of our foxes, but we have seen, and heard, them around. There's a lone coyote who's got a thing for them. We hear them 'talking' to each other and have seen them within feet of each other, but haven't actually heard any fights yet, which sort of surprises me.

Anyway, hope to get back up and running shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment