Pages

Friday, December 7, 2018

Our Advent Calendar

So, I got sort of ambitious this year and decided to make an advent calendar to do with the kids. Then I stumbled across the Jesse tree, I hadn't ever heard of that before. I researched it a bit and liked the basic idea but still wanted to include the nativity part of things as well. So I decided to combine the two. I printed out the list of daily bible verses that are read for the Jesse tree and ended up combining a few and rearranging a couple as well as adding the nativity story. Then I wrote the story up in daily doses so that it is more understandable to youngest child. Oldest reads the daily verses as well. There may be some tweaking next year as the first two days of readings were a bit long, but youngest didn't mind so maybe not. :)

I also made felt pictures to go with each day, mostly, but not entirely, based on the traditional Jesse tree symbolism. They were done free hand and I am NOT an artist, so that's been interesting, but I think it'll work. I then made a background and 'path' for the images to go.

Here's a pic up to day 6, way before any people pictures are included. I am not quite willing to put those particular artistic endeavors up on the web yet. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment