Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Feather beds and dogs

It was a sad day last week when my oh so comfortable feather bed bit the dust last week. I've only had the thing for somewhere around 10 years, but when I went to change the sheets there were feathers everywhere under the mattress cover. I got to looking and sure enough, there was hole. The fabric was just disintegrating along the stitching for the 'baffles'.

Of course, I can't throw anything away without reusing it half to death so I sewed a bag from an old sheet. I then folded the bed in quarters, stuffed it in the bad and then laid an old blanket over that. Our new dog is now sleeping in better style then I am. :)


Here's the bag made from an old flannel sheet.


 Here's the bed with it's covering blanket as well as the nice bones my youngest scrounged up so the dog would have something to do at night. While it was thoughtful of her, it's a bit noisy at night. :)


And here's the newest member of the family on his bed. Sorry for the bad lighting, it was night and there's not much light in the room. He's a rescue from a hoarding situation but he's settling in nicely, although he's still a bit timid.
So, what does your dog sleep on? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment