Pages

Monday, January 14, 2019

Kidding pen remodel

This setup has been my kidding/isolation pen setup for years.



Never mind the pallets on the floor, I had hay stored here and haven't moved them yet.


 Never had a problem, perhaps surprisingly, with anyone hopping out or anything. This last kidding season, though, was um......different. Everybody decided that hopping the gates were the latest craze. Kidding season doesn't start here for a couple months yet, but since the weather has been amazingly warm I decided to go ahead and do my remodel.

This is what I ended up with. I wanted to use chain link instead of cutting up my cattle panels but I don't have laying around anymore. I knew I'd want it after I got rid of it. :)


Had a goat in there last night, all by herself, and she was still there this morning. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good. I've only had a couple of jumpers in the past and they like to have drove me crazy! You new set-up should do a good job of discouraging that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, jumpers are such a pain! My current buck is nightmare. He's amazing in every other way but I'm giving serious thought to selling the little....um....him. 4' field fencing with electric at top and lower middle, hops it like it's not even there.

      Delete